Looking Ahead to June
June is upon us already, and it’s going to be super-busy; here’s what’s in store:
- A new client based in the lovely market town of Beverley, seeking certification to ISO 9001 in order to build upon it’s successes in the public sector. This niche company will be a client for the next 6 months.
- Progressing 2 current ISO 9001 projects – these will continue for another 3 months.
- Continuing my work with Oakland Consulting on internal systems and processes
- A final session with my client in Manchester, completing their new ISO 9001 management system
I have 2 new potential client meetings in June.
- The first company operates in the IT industry. Our meeting is to discuss how ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 can be used to monitor and improve performance, as well as contribute to business development.
- My second prospect meeting is in Leeds with a growing healthcare organisation, who have a requirement to identify, improve and standardise processes across the numerous sites in the locality. This will help the company to implement best practice throughout the business, understand why some sites produce higher performance levels than others, and to improve internal training.
Finally, I have received several requests for information on ISO 27001 over the past couple of months. ISO 27001 is the information security management standard. It provides a framework to effectively secure confidential data and minimise the likelihood of it being accessed illegally, without permission, or becoming lost. As more events are unearthed in the media and press regarding the (poor) security of information, I think ISO 27001 certification is going to become increasingly important for organisations dealing with large volumes of data. I have already had 1 company inform me that they have had a major client instruct them to install the standard or face losing their business. Management systems standards exist to provide confidence in the abilities of your company, and I think this example demonstrates that perfectly.
Wishing you a productive and enjoyable June.
Back to Blog