Demonstrating the Concept of Enabling Growth
My client is a leading provider of cleaning services to the corporate market, currently servicing some 100 clients across the UK, employing 10 full-time staff, 350 part-time (as required) cleaning staff and turning over £3m per year.
Having lost out on large lucrative contracts, the company reached a plateau in 2011, unable to meet the growth that it planned for and felt that it should be achieving.
Chasing growth was a short-term fix: cold-calling offices and companies, which resulted in a handful of small, low-profit jobs.
However, working with ADM Solutions identified the following barriers that were holding the business back from achieving its potential:
- Inconsistent service standards. The largest contracts required consistently high standards of cleaning, every time.
- Lack of controls in place to monitor performance. A lack of controls meant that problems occurred and weren’t dealt with, resulting in fire-fighting and time-wasting.
- No formal certifications. To win new business at the highest level, a lack of formal certifications was holding the business back.
To overcome these barriers, our project delivered:
- A formal management system that defined how the company met the needs of its customers, creating flow, improving communication and transparency across the business.
- A system that identified when a problem occurred and implemented some form of change to ensure it never happened again. This resulted in eliminating fire-fighting and negative customer feedback.
- Certification to ISO 9001: 2008 provided assurance of the capabilities of the company to interested parties.
Thus, enabling the business to grow in this way, resulted in:
- The ability to tender for work previously unobtainable, resulting in winning £70k of business every month from the first tender won.
- Less stress and more time to ensure work is performed right first time, freeing up time to work on winning business.
- Consistency and standardisation across the business that enhanced the brand and ensured traceability so that performance was easily monitored
- The ability to win new contracts by formally demonstrating competence – resulting in the award of a £150k contract within 3 months of project completion.
Compared to chasing sales and working the phones, enabling growth may be a new concept, but the results are startling.
Back to Blog